View recent IPPA courses
View all IPPA courses
IPPA work closely with other Paediatric Pathology Oganisations Worldwide.
Please click on their logos to visit their website!
1955: The Paediatric Pathology Club formed with Agnes McGregor (the first Honorary Fellow of the international PPA) as president, and J. L. Emery as Secretary/General. The first meeting taking place in Edinburgh.
Membership was worldwide; Foundation members included Jim Arey -- Philadelphia, Bill Donohue -- Toronto, David McKenzie -- Cape Town, Doug Rye -- Sydney, and Dorothy Anderson -- New York.
(The name of the Paediatric Pathology Club was soon changed to the Paediatric Pathology Society because the Scottish Tax Offices would not allow deductions for any ‘club’ activity!)
1957: At the International Paediatric Meeting in Copenhagen, Sydney Farber of Boston called a meeting proposing the formation of a Paediatric Pathology Association with the possibility of meeting alternatively in Europe and in the USA. It was felt that this was not practicable and that a separate group should be formed in North America. From this time the PPS ceased to add American members and the American Paediatric Pathology club was formed. Later P.P. groups were formed in Scandinavia, Australia, New Zealand and Holland.
1972/74: Daria Haust of London, Ontario, felt the need to strengthen international paediatric pathology and organised a joint meeting of paediatric pathologists in association with an International Academy of Pathology meeting in Hamburg, 1974.
In Hamburg there was general agreement to form an international group to take part in international Pathology meeting, in association with the International Academy of Pathology and other societies. Daria Haust organised several other sessions at the Congress in Washington.
1976: At the International Academy of Pathology meeting in Washington, a general meeting of the international paediatric pathologist took place and the International Paediatric Pathology Association was formed. A steering committee and officers were elected, and Daria Haust became Secretary/General and J. L. Emery,Chairman.
At a meeting of the provisional committee, the chairman, J. L. Emery, the Secretary/General, Daria Haust and Christian Nezelof were appointed as a Steering Committee to draw up a constitution for ratification at the next meeting of the IAP in Jerusalem.
1978: In Jerusalem, a constitution was presented to the members present and past.
|President||Christian Nezelof (Paris)|
|Vice Presidents||David McKenzie (Cape Town)|
|Alan Williams (Melbourne)|
|Ben Landing (California)|
|Secretary/General||Daria Haust (Canada)|
|Treasurer||Jeremy Cox (Geneva)|
|Chairman of Council||John L. Emery (UK)|
(In the absence of Daria Haust, Molly Valdes-Dapena acted as Secretary at that meeting).
Eight council members were appointed.
Discussion took place with the IAP and it was, to help organise paediatric sessions at each subsequent meeting of the IAP.
The history of the IPPA since 1978 has involved three major activities:
1) The participation of many members of international pathology and paediatric meetings through the energetic activities of Daria Haust.
2) The organisation of annual advanced courses of training in Paediatric Pathology centred in Europe, organised by the chairman of council and Jonne Huber.
3) In 1983, the acceptance of the Constitution of the IPPA by the three main constituent organisations, the European PPS, the American PPS, and the Australasian PPS, making all members of the society's automatic members of the IPPA.
John L. Emery, 1984
Copyright © 2017 International Paediatric Pathology Association (IPPA-association.com) website
Website Design & Hosting by tiktokdesign.co.uk